CUET 2023 – Syllabus, Marking Scheme, Eligibility, Reservation and Admission Process.
Common University Entrance Test is a national-level entrance exam conducted by NTA for students looking for admission to all UG programmes in all central universities. The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) will provide a common platform and equal opportunity to candidates across the country, especially those from rural and other remote areas and help establish better connections with the Universities. A single examination will enable the candidates to cover a wide outreach and be part of the admission process to various Central Universities.
The role of NTA is confined to the registration of candidates, the conduct of the test, hosting of answer key, inviting challenges, finalizing answer keys, preparing and declaring results and hosting score card. Universities may conduct their individual counseling on the basis of the scorecard of CUET provided by NTA.
SYLLABUS OF THE CUET 2023 EXAMINATION
|Syllabus||Language – Language to be tested through Reading Comprehension ( based on different types of passages- Factual, Literary and Narrative, and Literary Aptitude and Vocabulary.|
|Domain Subject – As given on NTA website : https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/|
|General Test – General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/ algebra geometry) , Logical and Analytical Reasoning.|
WHAT IS THE MARKING SCHEME FOR THE CUET 2023 EXAMINATION?
Section 1A – Languages
| Subjects/ Tests|
There are 13 different languages. Any of these languages may be chosen.
| Questions to be Attempted|
40 questions to be attempted out of 50 in each languages.
|Section 1B- Language||There are 20 languages. Any of these languages may be chosen|
|Section 2 – Domain||There are 27 Domains specific subjects being offered under this section. A candidate may choose any subject as desired by the applicable University/Universities.||35/40 Questions to be attempted out of 45/50.|
|Section 3 – General Test||For any such undergraduate programme / programme being offered by Universities where a General Test is being used for admission.||50 Questions to be attempted out of 60.|
For Multiple Choice Question: To answer a question, the candidates need to choose one option corresponding to the correct answer or the most appropriate answer. The marking scheme follows this pattern:
• One mark will be deducted for an incorrect option.
• Unanswered / Marked for Review will be given no mark.
• If more than one option is found to be correct then five marks will be awarded to only those who have marked any of the correct options.
• If all options are found to be correct then five mark will be awarded to all those who have attempted the question.
• If none of the options is found correct or a question is found to be wrong or a question is drpped , then all candidates who have attempted the dropped question will be given five marks.
CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES PARTICIPATING IN CUET 2023 EXAMINATION
44 Central Universities participate in the CUET examination. Providing below the Central Universities and their respective state.
|NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY||STATE|
|Central University of Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh|
|Central University of South Bihar||Bihar|
|NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY||STATE|
|Central University of Gujarat||Gujarat|
|Central University of Haryana||Haryana|
|Central University of the Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh|
|Central University of Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Central University of Jharkhand||Jharkhand|
|Central University of Karnataka||Karnataka|
|Central University of Kashmir||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Central University of Kerala||Kerala|
|Central University of Odisha||Odisha|
|Central University of Punjab||Punjab|
|Central University of Rajasthan||Rajasthan|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Uttar Pradesh|
|Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University||Uttar Pradesh|
|Banaras Hindu University||Uttar Pradesh|
|Dr. Harisingh Gaur Vishwa Vidyalaya||Madhya Pradesh|
|Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya||Chhattisgarh|
|Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University||Uttrakhand|
|Indira Gandhi National Tribal University||Madhya Pradesh|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||Delhi|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||Delhi|
|Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya||Maharashtra|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University||Telangana|
|North Eastern Hill University||Meghalaya|
|Rajiv Gandhi University||Arunachal Pradesh|
|The English and Foreign Languages University||Telangana|
|University of Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh|
|University of Delhi||Delhi|
|University of Hyderabad||Telangana|
|Visva Bharati University||West Bengal|
|Mahatma Gandhi Central University||Bihar|
|Central Sanskrit University, Delhi||Delhi|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University||Delhi|
|National Sanskrit University||Andhra Pradesh|
ELIGIBILITY AND RESERVATION FOR THE CUET 2023 EXAMINATION.
• Minimum of 50% marks in class 12th – For General Category.
• Minimum of 45% marks in class 12th – For the SC/ST candidates.
• No age limit for the candidates
• Universities participating in the CUET 2023 examination are free to decide their own parameters of eligibility for UG admissions.
• Since the eligibility criteria for each university is different, the candidates should visit the respective university website to which they are applying for the programmes.
|General Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Person with Disability||5%|
ADMISSION PROCESS OF THE CUET 2023 EXAMINATION
• The selection and admission are subjected to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in the merit list, medical fitness, verification of original documents and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the University.
• Admissions are handled at the level of each of the Central Universities for their respective programs. After the declaration of the CUET (UG)- 2023 results by NTA, the respective CUs will declare the counseling/ admission schedule and merit list based on the CUET(UG)- 2023score and the other criteria of the respective University.